- How to Download Lexmark Printer Drivers in MAC
- Lexmark Printer Driver for Windows 10 – Download & Install
- Lexmark Printer Problems with Windows 10
- Lexmark Printer Not Communicating with Computer
- Connect Lexmark Printer to Wi-Fi
- Lexmark Printer not Printing
- Lexmark Printer Technical Support
- How to Fix Lexmark Printer Problems – Troubleshooting Steps
- Drivers & Software
- About Us
- Contact us
Lexmark Printer Problems with Windows 10
If you frequently have Lexmark Printer Problems with Windows 10, then you are at the right place to get the solutions of all the issues related to Lexmark Printer problem in Windows 10. Follow the article below and try to fix the problem.
There are end numbers of things that can cause your Lexmark Printer not to work properly when connected to a Windows 10 Operating System. Some of the common reasons why your printer might have issues with Windows 10 are as follows: –
- Lexmark Printer not compatible with Windows 10
- Windows 10 not up to date
- Lexmark Printer Drivers outdated
- Windows 10 Firewall blocking connection to the printer
- Printer not connected properly
- Wi-Fi or Network issues in Windows 10
Presuming that you are unaware of all these issues and which one of them is causing trouble then do not worry, here we are going to show you how to find and resolve the problem. The following solutions can be applied to a number of Lexmark Printer issues with Windows 10, including: –
- Windows 10 does not recognize Lexmark printer
- Is Lexmark printer compatible with Windows 10
- Lexmark Printer not communicating with Windows 10
- Lexmark Printer Not printing in Windows 10
- Lexmark Printer not detected in Windows 10
1. Check Lexmark Printer Compatibility with Windows 10
The easiest way to find out whether your Lexmark printer is compatible with Windows 10 or not? Is to visit this link Lexmark Recommended Microsoft ® Windows 10 Drivers List and check whether the model of your Lexmark printer is supported or not. You can do it in two ways. First, you need to get inside the link provided above, then: –
- Press CTRL+F key on your keyboard and search for your printer’s model number by entering it inside the search box.
- OR, go through each of the model numbers to find yours.
Now, if you’ve located your printer model, then you’ll see three options Model, Recommended Windows 10 Print Drivers, and Recommended Windows 10 Scan Drivers. Follow what it says there, and you can install the latest Lexmark Printer Windows 10 Drivers.
2. Update Lexmark Printer Driver
To let your printer work with Windows 10, you need the latest Lexmark printer driver installed on your computer. You can find all the necessary steps to install the printer driver here. Update Lexmark Printer Driver on Windows 10 & Download and Install Latest Printer Driver on Windows 10.
3. Remove and Re-install the Lexmark printer
Remove the Lexmark printer from Windows 10
There are various ways in which you can altogether remove the Lexmark Printer from the Windows 10 operating settings, but before that, you need to keep in mind to remove turn off the printer and remove it from the computer. Once verified follow the steps shown here to remove the printer from Windows 10
Reinstall the Lexmark Printer on Windows 10 OS
Here’s how you can re-install the Lexmark Printer on your Windows 10.
Step 1– Search for Settings in the Windows 10 Search Box
Step 2– Click on Devices Option inside the Settings
Step 3– Now choose the Printers and Scanners option inside the Devices
Step 4– Click on Add a printer or scanner (Note: You need to confirm that your Lexmark printer is connected to the computer via USB or Wi-Fi. If it is not connected then kindly check out this article on How to connect your Lexmark Printer to Wi-Fi)
Step 5– Let the Windows search the printer connected to the computer or network. Follow the instructions showed by the computer once it finds your printer.
Step 6– In case your printer wasn’t found by the computer then you need to click on The Printer that I want isn’t listed.
Step 7– Next, choose “Add a Local Printer or Network Printer with manual settings.”
Step 8– Select “Use an existing port” and click Next.
Step 9– Select Lexmark from the manufacturer option and choose your printer model.
Step 10– Follow the on-screen instruction to connect the printer to Windows 10.
4. Disable Firewall from Windows 10
The primary function of the Windows Defender Firewall is to block threats and unsecured connections from outside to the computer, which can be harmful to the machine. You can temporarily disable the firewall to make your Lexmark Printer work with Windows 10. To temporarily disable the firewall, you need to follow the steps below.
Step 1: Go to Control Panel
Step 2: Select System and Security Option.
Step 3: Click Windows Defender Firewall
Step 4: From the left menu click, “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.”
Step 5: Under Private Network Setting Select “Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall (Not Recommended).”
Step 6: Under Public Network Settings Select “Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall (Not Recommended).”
Step 7: Click OK to save the changes.
Now, try using your printer from the computer and see whether the problem persists.
We hope that you have found the article helpful and you were able to fix the problem.